Why choose VacOil ECO Grade?
- VacOil ECO Grade is the standard choice for oil-sealed rotary vane vacuum pumps used in Freeze Drying applications.
- VacOil ECO Grade is the least expensive oil option and is recommended when frequent oil changes are needed to remove contaminants and water from the pump.
- Each cap is induction sealed to lock out moisture and contaminants.
- VacOil recommends that you change your vacuum pump oil at least every 2-3 drying cycles to prolong the life of your vacuum pump.
VacOil ECO Grade is a high viscosity vacuum pump oil designed for use with direct drive rotary vane pumps and is ideal for Freeze Drying applications. The quality formula improves pumping cycles, lowers maintenance costs, cools the pump and extends pump life. VacOil vacuum fluids are superior quality molecularly distilled vacuum pump oils engineered to perform and provide the ultimate protection from wear that causes pump repairs and pump failures. Lab tests reveal superior performance such as viscosity change and sediment weight when tested against competitive brand oils, outlasting and outperforming other vacuum oils.
General Vacuum Pump Maintenance for Freeze Dryers
The most common complaint about freeze drying is loss in vacuum pressure. This loss is most often due to one of three things:
- A leak in the freeze dry system
- Dirty/Contaminated vacuum pump oil
- An issue with the vacuum pump
Is it time to change the vacuum pump oil?
Often, the best place to start troubleshooting is by performing a vacuum pump oil change. When the oil in a rotary vane pump starts to look cloudy or dirty, it’s time to change the oil! The frequency for oil changes in freeze drying is much higher than other applications due to the demand placed on the vacuum pump and the volume of moisture that is being displaced.
Do I have the right vacuum pump?
Because freeze drying requires an oil based rotary vane pump to maintain the depth of vacuum, it is important to choose the right pump. A standard rotary vane pump works well with aqueous-based solutions.
Freeze Dryer Oil
This oil works great in my freeze dryer. It is always a consistent quality and a fair price.
Just got our Harvest Right Freeze dryer. Running our first batches with your oil and so far it's great. Ask me to review it again in 6 months. I bet it will be the same!